It is relatively easy to record phone calls and we have got to think – How to record WhatsApp call? We make many WhatsApp calls throughout the day because these phones are more reliable than call calls (thanks to constant call drops). As journalists, it is especially important for us to record phone calls when we are interviewing people on the phone so that it can be seen how WhatsApp calls are recorded for us. Let’s cut to the chase: Record WhatsApp call is far from straight. In fact, despite the hours involved in this research, we did not find an easy way to complete it. We checked the way to record WhatsApp calls on the platform but found hardware boundaries and software restrictions on the way.
If you still want to do this – you are here after all – you know that recording WhatsApp voice calls is a hassle. Do not start even on WhatsApp video calls because it is essentially out of the question.
There are two ways to record WhatsApp calls on Android and iOS, and both have the same issue: they will not work for many because you need specific tools. Before you follow these steps, please take permission from everyone on the call before recording WhatsApp call, and make sure the recording call is legal where you live.
How to record WhatsApp calls on Android / iPhone using Mac and iPhone
The easiest way to record WhatsApp voice calls is both Mac and iPhone. This is a big kicker, is not it? In addition, the iPhone cannot be your primary device. You will need a second phone – Any platform that supports WhatsAppSpace Voice Call – in which your WhatsApp account is used. In the instructions below, we will refer to the recording iPhone as’ iPhone ‘, and the phone you call’ Are calling your phone ‘.
Here’s how to record WhatsApp calls:
- Connect the iPhone to a Mac with a lightning cable.
- Select ‘Trust this computer’ on the iPhone, if this is the first time you’re connecting the two.
- Open QuickTime on the Mac.
- Under File, choose New Audio Recording.
- Next to the record button in QuickTime, click the arrow pointing downwards and choose the iPhone.
- Hit the record button in QuickTime.
- Using the iPhone, call your phone via WhatsApp.
- Once you’re connected, hit the add user icon. Then select the person you want to talk to. This will begin your conversation with the person whose call you want to record.
- Disconnect the call once it’s complete.
- Stop the recording in QuickTime and save the file on the Mac.
A WhatsApp group all participants to voice calls is no way to record WhatsApp call can see all the other parties, meaning that secretly detected without. In any case, you should not try to hide the fact that you are already recording the conversation, as we said earlier.
How to record WhatsApp calls on Android using the Cube Call Recorder
Remember how did we say that both methods work only with specific tools? Hardware due to the difference and software limitations, the cube uses the Call Recorder VoIP Recording feature – WhatsApp VoIP is Voice over Internet Protocol – works only on certain devices. This list is available as a Google spreadsheet linked from the app’s Play Store page. Another warning with the cube call is: VoIP recording works mostly on devices listed. We tested the call cube with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, which is on the list, but it did not work despite Tweak to try repeatedly to us and app settings.
If you have a device that is listed in the spreadsheet above, you are welcome to try these steps.
- Install Cube Call Recorder on your phone that has WhatsApp.
- Open Cube Call Recorder and then switch to WhatsApp.
- Call the person you want to talk to.
- If the Cube Call widget shows and lights up while you’re talking, it’s working.
- If it gives you an error, open Cube Call Recorder settings and choose Force VoIP call as voice call.
- Call again and see if it the Cube Call Recorder widget shows and lights up.
- If it gives you an error again, then unfortunately it won’t work on your phone.
How to record WhatsApp calls on Android (alternative method)
Android users have a third option: route your device. We do not recommend this because it contains the security of your phone and can remove you from the manufacturer’s update track, but if you need to, route your phone and use the available SCR screen recorder app through XDA Please.
As we said earlier, recording WhatsApp calls is quite complicated. If none of those methods works for you, you can always place your phone on the speaker and record the call through another phone or any device, which has a voice recorder nearby, When you sit in a quiet room. This is a crude hack and the only reason we have to mention it is that it is the only reliable way to record WhatsApp call actually at a lower cost.